Translate

Friday, July 28, 2017

CropStop Guest Designer!

  Today I have the privilege of being a Guest Designer for CropStop, a place that was one of my first Design Team hangouts many years ago.  Thanks CropStop for the invitation to share my inspiration with you for the next three Fridays!
 
http://cropstop.com/
 
 My first project is an altered letter "J" that I made for our youngest grandson, John, alias Jack.   Our youngest daughter and family recently moved into a new home they had built and the decorating is underway!  Jack's room has a nautical decor, so the altered letter I have created follows that theme.
 
 
Supplies
White wooden letter "J"
Alphabet Letters - American Craft Rockabye, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type, Momenta
Coordinating Patterned Paper
                Memory Box - Puffy Clouds
                Sizzix Framelits - Elegant Label
Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress Ink 

Purchase a wooden letter of your choice and follow the steps below.
 
 
 
I started by tracing the wooden letter with the correct side down on the back of the patterned paper.  After cutting out the traced letter, I adhered it to the front of the J using a paint brush and Glue N' Seal.
 
After drying, I trimmed and sanded the paper edges with the Couture Creations Sanding Block, Stainless Steel Scissors and Squizzers.  The Squizzers are great for detail work and small areas that are difficult to get to.  Next I inked them with Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress Ink. 

I die cut all of the embellishments and moved them around until I was happy with the arrangement. 



 
I was thrilled with the finished altered letter.  The colors and design were perfect in Jack's new bedroom!
 

Thank you CropStop for having me as your Guest Designer! 
Visit the CropStop Store for a great selection of crafting needs.
Vicki

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful,love how you decorated this.xxx

Esther Asbury said...

Thanks for sharing your talent with us on the Cropstop blog! Love your project and looking forward to seeing what else you create!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails